DALLAS, June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- According to a recent survey commissioned by NQ Mobile, smart device owners are becoming increasingly concerned about others accessing private content on their mobile devices. Furthermore, nearly a quarter of those surveyed feel someone close to them may have already secretly accessed the content on their smart phones, including employers, friends, significant others and even their own children.
NQ Mobile Vault™ is a new Android privacy app from NQ Mobile, which creates an encrypted and password-protected space on devices where consumers can safely store private contacts, SMS message, call logs, photos and videos.
"Whether being passed around to share photos from a recent vacation, being used to entertain children or being left untended on a table in a business meeting, its clear our smart phones are finding their way into more and more people's hands," says Gavin Kim. Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile. "Surprisingly, smart phones provide no simple way to curate the content we feel comfortable others seeing and storing away the content we'd rather keep private. NQ Mobile Vault is an elegant and simple solution that should give consumers the confidence to keep sharing their devices."
Since the launch of the NQ Mobile Vault public beta in mid-December 2011, over 1.6 million users have downloaded the application and have rated it 4.5 of 5 stars. NQ Mobile Vault is currently a top-ten downloaded free application in the business category within Google Play.
Key features of NQ Mobile Vault include:
- Private Space: Create a private and encrypted space on device to store select pictures, videos, text messages (up to 100 in free version/unlimited in premium version), and call history. This content can then be viewed privately anytime from within NQ Mobile Vault by simply entering the correct password on the phone keypad.
- Private Contacts: Create or select contacts from address book and make invisible. Phone calls and text messages from these contacts will no longer appear in the phone's native SMS folder or call logs.
- Private SMS: Send and receive text messages privately from within NQ Mobile Vault. Choose to be notified of new texts or turn off notifications all together.
- Stealth Mode (premium): Choose to hide NQ Mobile Vault folder from desktop and application folder. Users access NQ Mobile Vault by entering passcode from within the phone dialer.
- Break-In Monitor (premium): Photograph anyone who enters the wrong passcode. This feature requires an Android 2.3 (or higher) device with a front-facing camera.
NQ Mobile Vault is available free to Android users on Google Play at (bit.ly/J0yING). For advanced features, including unlimited text message storage, stealth mode and break in monitoring, users can upgrade to the premium version for $1.99 USD per month.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by MWW Group on behalf of NQ Mobile from March 9 - 31 among 1,000 adults ages 18 and older who use a smartphone or tablet on a regular basis. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 172 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in Beijing, China and Dallas, TX, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.