BEIJING and DALLAS, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ) a leading global provider of mobile Internet services, today announced that U.S. Cellular will offer NQ Mobile's Family Guardian product under the name U.S. Cellular Family Protector™ powered by NQ Mobile™ to its 5.9 million customers.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121224/CN34262LOGO )
"U.S. Cellular is an indispensable collaborator in our efforts to protect the vital mobile information of our customers throughout the nation," said Omar Khan, Co-Chief Executive Officer, NQ Mobile. "By educating its customers about family mobile safety issues and offering access to our family protection app suite, U.S. Cellular is taking an active role in protecting its customers' vital mobile information, which is more important now than ever."
U.S. Cellular Family Protector™ powered by NQ Mobile™ comprises a unique suite of services for safety and monitoring within a mobile app that is downloaded and installed on the child's smartphone along with a web-based control center that is accessible from any desktop or mobile browser. The app is currently available for Android-powered devices, while the control-center is compatible with any web browser.
Key features of U.S. Cellular Family Protector™ powered by NQ Mobile™ include:
- Web Filter: Safeguard children by filtering and blocking inappropriate websites
- App Filter: Make smart choices about which apps children can access
- Contact Filter: Help children fight spam text and harassing calls by adding numbers to their block lists
- Schedules: Control children's mobile phone use by setting up times when they can unlock their phones to make calls, browse the Internet, text, and more
- Monitors: Keep track of children's locations, message content, calls, browsing histories, app downloads, and photos
- Geo-Fences: Set up a safe zone for children and receive a notification when they're outside of this safe zone
- Check-in: Get check-in messages when children arrive safely at their destinations. Also track their location if they forget to check in
- Panic Alarm: If kids are in trouble, they can send an alert message to their parent's phone with their exact location
The NQ Family Guardian™ app is also available on the Google Play store along with the NQ Mobile Security™ and NQ Mobile Vault™ apps for Android.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of trusted mobile Internet services built on its world-class acquisition, engagement and monetization platform. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and now has about 242 million registered and 85 million active user accounts globally. NQ Mobile's cloud-based trust platform has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile is recognized as a global pioneer in mobile innovation and technology leadership. NQ Mobile maintains dual headquarters in Dallas, TX, USA and Beijing, China. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit http://www.nq.com.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular rewards its customers with unmatched benefits and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier has a strong line-up of cutting-edge devices that are all backed by its high-speed nationwide network that has the highest call quality of any national carrier. Currently, 58 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds and 87 percent will have access by the end of 2013. U.S. Cellular was named a J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Champion in 2012 for the second year in a row. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.
Alex Fencl, +1-214-414-3330, email@example.com, for MWW Group on behalf of NQ Mobile; or Kim Titus, +1-972-841-0506, firstname.lastname@example.org, for NQ Mobile; or Investor Relations: NQ Mobile Inc., +852 3975 2853, email@example.com